Opening Reel Guidelines
How do I upload a submission?
Navigate to the Opening Reel Submission Agreement page here.
Log in and accept the agreement.
Once you have accepted the agreement, navigate to your Steam Profile 'Videos' page, which can be found in Steam by mousing over your Account name, selecting Content, then Videos, or by using the following link: http://steamcommunity.com/my/videos/
- All video clips (“submissions”) must be at least 720p.
- You may make as many Submissions as you like. All Submissions must be uploaded to YouTube by Friday, August 11.
- Submitter must have obtained consent to appear from persons appearing in the footage in a private setting.
- Chosen entries, selected by Valve, will appear in the Opening Reel videos that start each day of the Main Event during The International.
- Valve will chose entries to be included in the Opening Reel videos in its sole discretion. There is no prize or other payment for use of Submissions.
- By submitting a Submission for consideration, you represent that you are the owner of all rights in the Submission and that you have the right to grant to Valve the license described below.
- By indicating your agreement here, Submitter grants Valve a worldwide, perpetual, non-terminable license to use the Submission as it may determine in its sole discretion, and to broadcast and re-broadcast the Submission in its sole discretion. Valve may also edit, cut or otherwise make new versions of the Submission in its sole discretion.
If you have not yet linked your YouTube account to your Steam Profile, you will need to do so by clicking the 'Link YouTube Account' button in the upper right.
Once your YouTube account is linked to your Steam Account, click the 'Add Videos from YouTube' button on your Videos page.
Select the Video you want to upload from the list of your YouTube videos, then when asked, select 'Associate the video(s) with a game', and choose 'The International Opening Reel'. Then click the 'Add Video' button.
You have now successfully submitted your video to The International 2017 Opening Reel.