The current item drop system doesn't function well as a reward mechanism. It drops many items on players who aren't interested in them (the items are extremely common, or they're for a hero the player doesn't play), and in the process dilutes the value of the items. We'd like to get to a place where dramatically fewer uninteresting items enter the economy. We don't have a complete solution yet, so we're going to move forward step by step, taking feedback from you as we go.
- Item drops are now entirely time based instead of level based.
Drop list now includes full sets, treasures, bundles and Arcanas at a rare rate instead of frequently dropping common items
- Battle boosters have been removed from the game entirely (we actually removed them from the store in September).
Players with an active battle booster will receive a free Treasure of the Rotted Gallows.
Players who had an unused purchased battle booster in their armory will receive a free Treasure Redemption Token.
- A new treasure, the "Treasure of the Rotted Gallows" has been added to the game.
Treasure Redemption Tokens and other items that can be redeemed for treasures can select this new treasure.
International 2013 Treasure Keys may now be redeemed for treasures.
The items in this treasure can be traded/marketed in 3 months (February 1, 2015).
The rare rewards from this treasure are not subject to the trade or marketing restriction.
- Fixed custom Pudge chains not appearing on both sides.
- Fixed unusual Greevils not having their particle effects.
- Fixed alternate hero icons not showing consistently in the UI
- Buyback button now only accepts left clicks.
* Fixed various bugs related to Path Finding
* Captain's Draft no longer has any restricted heroes
* Fixed a bug with how the waves in Requiem of Souls calculate the area near the center
- Over the past week we've been rolling out a new mechanism for releasing updates. Download sizes will now be smaller and restarting the client will only be required when the update has dependencies on it.
- Fixed League games (without a ticket) not showing up properly in the Live Games tab
- Fixed some recent issues in Local Lobbies
* Buyback cooldown increased from 6 to 7 minutes
* AoE Gold NWFactor reduced from 0.06/0.06/0.05/0.04/0.03 to 0.05/0.05/0.05/0.04/0.03
* AoE XP XPFactor reduced from 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.15/0.12 to 0.23/0.23/0.2/0.15/0.12
* Mystic Flare damage is now dealt over 2.4 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds
* Ancient Seal cooldown increased from 11 to 14
* Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
* Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145
* Juxtapose max illusions reduced from 6/8/10 to 5/7/9
* Bloodrage now only amplifies for half of the value when the dealer and the receiver are over 2200 range apart
* Primal Split cast time increased from 0.4 to 0.65 seconds
* Primal Split delay after cast time (while invulnerable) reduced from 0.85 to 0.6 seconds
* Ethereal Blade projectile speed increased from 1100 to 1200
* Song of the Siren cast point increased from 0.65 to 0.8 seconds
* Guardian Angel no longer provides HP Regeneration
* Metamorphosis movement speed reduced from 315 to 290
* Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%
* Sunder no longer interrupts the target
* Sunder cast range increased from 250 to 325
* Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%
* Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290
* Chronosphere cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 130/110/90
* Eye of the Storm Scepter interval increased from 0.55/0.45/0.35 to 0.6/0.5/0.4
* Static Link cooldown increased from 25 to 32/30/28/26
* Flaming Fists damage type changed from Magical to Pure (pierces Spell Immunity)
* Flaming Fists damage reduced from 100/150/200 to 80/115/150
* Fixed a Meepo item exploit.
* Fixed various methods by which the IP of the game server you are playing on could be revealed to a third party.
* In the latest Steam Beta client, your IP is no longer revealed via unaccepted Voice Call requests.
* The Game Info feature on the Steam Friends List no longer shows the IP of the gameserver you are on.
* League games will now automatically pause when any player disconnects. It will remain paused for up to 24 hours if all players are disconnected.
* Local lobby league games can now be viewed through DotaTV. However, this is recommended only as a backup solution for league administrators, as locally generated replays are not fully integrated with the league system. This will be on the Test Client first and then merged to the Main Client next week.
* Customers who purchased an ESL One NY or WCA ticket will receive a free Treasure Redemption Token for each ticket.
* We've worked with the ESL team to collect the replays for yesterday's games that weren't broadcast through DotaTV. Replays are available here: http://cdn.dota2.com/apps/dota2/posts/ESL_One_NY_Local_Replays.zip
* The Singapore maintenance window will be moved from next week to later this month. Further details will be announced here as they are available: http://www.dota2.com/maintenance/